Thursday, October 2, 2008

The First Round....

I am Ryan Leaf, Kwame Brown and the equivalent to this years fantasy pick of Tom Brady. I think the name of this blog is a first round bust, I'm sure I will probably like to rename this shit in a few weeks. You never think of clever shit when you want to, but the name came to me when I was listening to ESPN radio driving home and they were doing their typical "who is", "what is" gap filler segment. If your not catching the Herd or PTI then you usually get a panel of dipshits who have little relevance or inside knowledge of sports or people, and they are the usual suspects who conduct these debates. Anyways the debate was "who is" the biggest first round bust? The common names and faces flash to mind you can picture Ryan Leaf holding that San Diego Chargers #1 Jersey. Leaf, Vick, Qwame, that dude taken over Jordan, every Heisman trophy winner who doesn't ever live up to the hype come up (but how can you ever live up to Heisman Hype, too much hype put into the Heisman). So I started thinking in a weird twisted way how has ESPN "the ocho" or FSN not capitalized on a Reality show starring all of these has been, never will be guys. I mean they already do it with the "whatever happened to" actor, so why not the "what ever happened to" athlete. When they get voted off the show you could "retire" their jersey, the closest they will ever come the that "honor", the winner will immediately win the Head Coaching Job of the Raiders, Knicks, or Royals. I mean why not the owners of these teams have already lost it just go all the way. Or maybe we could get all of these athletes to push the stakes a little bit, a little bit more that RWRR challenge. Do some suedo survivor stuff where they only to get food or fire by completing the skills they were drafted to excel at. Ryan Leaf would have to complete passes for food while Mike Vick would just have to not become imprisoned by the other island inhabitants after they discover his island wide Ferrel cat fighting ring. Some Battle Royale or just put them all on a plane telling them they are going to be honored at the only place that still gives a shit about them their local high schools and after getting to 30,000 the pilot parachutes out. I think a lot while driving and listening to ESPN radio, I read too many Sports Magazines and Sportscenter is on IV drip. So here it goes I will grab that Jersey put on that cap and head to the Podium, hopefully I don't end up on that same plane. Odds say I will.........another BUST!

2 comments:

The First Round Bust said...

THIS SUCKS

Claude said...

Great! Get OJ on there! He'd probably love to be the MC.